An experiment in open source, collaborative, emergent experience, KNOWN | UNKNOWN is a wildly eclectic three days of art and conversation. This first edition of K | U is also an experiment in simultaneously generating a massive explosion and building a bottle big enough to catch it; the idea was formed on March 4 and the experience begins on March 14. Can a three-day festival be built in 10 days? We want to find out, and we want you to join us.
We are propelled by seeing and feeling known things in unknown ways. Texts and ideologies probably exist as a Platonic ideal somewhere ethereal, but WHO CARES. We’re here to deconstruct, to play, to build new meaning together and right now.
Some things you can expect at K | U:
• Free association hours where films on VHS, live video glitch visuals, and live music meld to form… (this part is up to you)
• Frank, educational panel discussions on pertinent social issues
• Experimental improvisation and performance art
• Poetry readings washed in bizarre light and sound
• Screenings of early works and influences hosted by acclaimed underground filmmakers
We don’t know what’s going to happen, and that’s why we’re in love. Chaos and immediacy are our precepts. Meaning is a joint creation of what is communicated and how it is received, so let’s see where this takes us together.
Tuesday, March 14 from noon to midnight
Wednesday, March 15 from noon to midnight
Thursday, March 16 from noon to six pm